TechFuture Badge Academy
The TechFuture Badge Academy inspires young people to build the tech skills employers value by working towards Open Badges.
The badges are an innovative way for young people to develop their skills, and showcase their understanding of key tech and soft skills to employers. They sit on a brand new learning platform and offer a range of accreditations in subjects from wearable tech to cyber security.
Once the badges are earned, they can be shared across the web, on blogs or CVs as alternative recognition of skills outside of formal qualifications. All badges are supported by Tech Partnership employers with new badges added every month.
The TechFuture Badge Academy motivates young people to
- Gain recognition for digital, technical and creative skills
Build employer-relevant skills
- Explore the tech sector
- Make the link between school and careers
- Develop confidence outside of formal qualifications
Brand new learning platform
Offering young people the chance to earn badges has never been easier thanks to a brand new learning platform. Key features of the new platform are:
- Verification of the majority of badges is automatic through the platform, based on completion of e-learning modules that assess student knowledge.
- Badges awarded through the Classroom projects on the site can be claimed within the same platform with no requirement to go elsewhere
- Alignment with the Mozilla Open Badges backpack to allow badges to be easily added to the backpack, and badges gained elsewhere to be added to the learner profile on the Academy
About Open Badges
Open Badges is the the global standard for capturing and communicating skills across the web, created by the Mozilla Foundation.
The badges contain validated data about an individual’s skills and are shareable across the web, to provide a rich picture of an individual’s achievements.