Taking your first steps on the career ladder can be hard but an apprenticeship can be a great kick-start to your digital career. With over 90% of apprentices staying in jobs after they’ve completed their training, apprenticeships are a great way to learn new, relevant skills while you earn a salary. Whether you’re interested in networks, cyber security, software development or digital marketing, there is an apprenticeship out there to suit you.
Why should I consider an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships combine practical training in a job with study. As an apprentice you will:
- Earn while you learn – You’ll earn a full time salary while you train
- Have no university debts – There are no tuition fees to pay and your salary means you have money to live on while you complete your training.
- Gain practical and relevant experience – While completing your apprenticeship you’ll be doing valuable work and learning the real-life practical skills employers are looking for on CVs
- Earn a recognised qualification – The qualification you earn at the end of your apprenticeship will be recognised countrywide. This can range from NVQ Level 2 to NVQ Level 4 or even an honours degree.
Type of apprenticeships
Apprenticeships have equivalent educational levels. Any type you choose will be available in a range of subjects.
- Intermediate apprenticeships are classed as Level 2 apprenticeships and are equivalent to 5 GCSE passes at grades A* to C
- Advanced apprenticeships are Level 3 and are equivalent to 2 A-levels
- Higher apprenticeships are Levels 4-7 and are equivalent to a foundation degree or above Level 4 apprenticeships contain degree level content
- Degree apprenticeships – these are levels 6-7 and are equivalent to a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
Step 1: Take a look at the apprenticeships in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales, or see the live stream of vacancies below.
Step 2: Search the right apprenticeship for you and apply directly online
Step 3: If your application is successful, you’ll be invited to an interview
Apprenticeships are a great way to get you started on your tech journey. Find out how through our success stories with My Tech Story. What will be your story?