A real-world look into working in tech
Available exclusively to ITMB and SDfB students, Industry Insights are lectures, webinars and classes run by a host of tech thoughtleaders. These industry experts share understanding of the tech world, their role, and how they got there. They're a great way to discover exciting new technologies, projects and careers and to gain understanding of what you need to get there. Lectures are held at individual universities and video recordings are available to all ITMB and SDfB students.
Six NEW themes for 2016/17
- Internet of Things: How is it shaping our future?
- Cyber Attack Protection: Is cybercrime the biggest challenge for UK’s business industry.
- Big Data: There is so much data out there on us but how do these insights add value?
- Customer Experience: the number one priority for all businesses.
- Robot Wars: Is the next generation of machines taking over?
- Going Digital: From shopping to film making, everything is digital.
Watch Industry Insights samples
Common digital skills language to boost employability of IT grads
The Tech Partnership is now seeking input and guidance from industry and HE/FE educators on terminology used by universities and employers to recruit students into courses and jobs. Have your say now.
ITMB grad set to transform private social networking
IT Management for Business (ITMB) graduate and social networking entrepreneur Harry Jawanda spoke to Tech Partnership about his career in tech, plans to break America and the secret to success at university.
Opportunity to transform digital skills in higher education
We are responding to a call for proposals from the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) for a new institute to better align higher education with industry needs. Find out more and support our proposal.