Apprenticeship Frameworks in Scotland
Whether you already deliver modern apprenticeships in IT or are thinking about starting, you can find all the information you need below.
Start delivering modern apprenticeships in IT
There’s never been a better time to start delivering modern apprenticeships in IT, with interest in them growing from both employers and individuals. To get started, you’ll need to follow three steps:
Step 1: Look at our modern apprenticeship frameworks for Scotland below and ensure you can deliver them
Step 2: Apply to Skills and Development Scotland to become an approved supplier and begin receiving apprenticeship funding
Step 3: Register as a centre with Modern Apprenticeships (MA) Online.
IT and telecommunications frameworks
The Tech Partnership is the official issuing authority for the modern apprenticeship frameworks for IT and telecommunications. These are developed in conjunction with a wide group of employers and cover a range of job roles and levels.
Level 2 and 3: suitable for roles including IT technical support, software developer, web developer, database administrator, telecoms engineer or network planner.
- Modern Apprenticeship in IT and Telecommunications at SCQF5 (Level 2) (Jan 2013 – revised June 2016) PDF 752kb
- Modern Apprenticeship in IT and Telecommunications at SCQF6 (Level 3) (Jan 2013 – revised June 2016) PDF 756kb
Level 4: suitable for roles including IT consultancy, system operation, system management, software developer, web developer, database architect, telecoms engineer, network planning and control or systems architecture.
- Technical Apprenticeship in IT and Telecommunications at SCQF 8 (Level 4) (Jan 2013 – revised April 2016) PDF 818 kb
NEW – Digital Application framework
This new Digital Applications Framework has been created to meet the needs of the non-technical ICT specialist.
- Level 3: Modern Apprenticeship in Digital Applications framework – at SCQF 6 (June 2016) PDF 717kb
Information security frameworks
These are suitable for roles in information or cyber security, such as network security, information assurance, governance, digital forensics and security analysis.
- Level 3: Modern Apprenticeship in Information Security framework – Scotland (Aug 2014) PDF 717kb
- Level 4: Technical and Professional Apprenticeship in Information Security framework – Scotland (Aug 2014) PDF 759kb
Request a certificate
Once an apprentice has completed the requirements laid out in the modern apprenticeship frameworks, they’ve earned their certificate. You can request it on their behalf through MA Online.
Any questions on the frameworks, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org