Tech Partnership Employers come together to launch Apprentice Network
Employers from around the UK met to share their experiences on apprenticeships and to recognise the contribution they make to the digital economy at the first Tech Partnership Employer Apprenticeship Network meeting.
Meet a Digital Ambassador - Sir Peter Luff
Sir Peter Luff, MP for Mid Worcestershire, feels passionate about encouraging young people into STEM careers. We met with him to talk about his interest in technology and digital skills, and what he hopes to achieve by collaborating with the employers of the Tech Partnership.
Students boost their employment skills at the ITMB Student/Employer Event
Students, academics and employers gathered from around the UK to take part in the ITMB Student/Employer Event South. It gave students the opportunity to meet future employers and gave employers the chance to talk to the bright new talent about to graduate.
The Tech Partnership - Scotland
Accelerating the growth of Scotland’s digital economy
The Tech Partnership is creating the skills for the digital economy. We are working in Scotland with key stakeholders, including the Scottish Government, Skills Development Scotland and Highlands and Islands Enterprise, to make sure Scotland has the skills it needs to compete in the global digital economy.
We act for the good of all by inspiring young people about technology, accelerating the flow of talented people from all backgrounds into technology careers, and helping companies develop the technology skills they need for the future.
Who we are
- A growing network of employers, collaborating to create the skills to accelerate the growth of the digital economy.
- Responsible for the Sector Skills Council for the tech sector and digital.
Employer Board for Scotland
The Tech Partnership Employer Board for Scotland comprises:
• Jim Preston – Vice President, Global Contracts, BT Global Services, BT Group
• Donald McLaughlin – Director & Country Manager, Cisco
• Andy Hamilton – Managing Director, CompanyNet
• David Cameron – Business Development Executive, HP Enterprise Services Scotland
• Gillian Docherty –Scotland Territory Leader, IBM
• Phil Worms – Director, Corporate Communications, Iomart Group PLC
• Steven Grier – Education Business Manager, Microsoft
• Robert Campbell – Executive Chairman, Sales Agility
• Anne Moises – Chief Information Officer, ISIS, Scottish Government
• Caroline Stuart – (Chair) Director, Oracle Scotland
• Polly Purvis – Executive Director, Scotland IS
• Alastair Dutton – Head of Technology, SCVO
• Kay Brown – Head of Information Technology, South Lanarkshire Council
Our work in Scotland includes:
• e-placement Scotland - a partnership with Edinburgh Napier University to deliver 750 industry placements over the next 3 years
• BigAmbition Scotland - a new technology careers website backed by major Scottish employers including Oracle, Logica, Iomart and the Scottish Government.
• Modern Apprenticeships - we develop the frameworks for Information and Communication Technologies Professionals
- Awareness programmes and facilitation of the ICT MA steering group
- Registration of Modern Apprentices in Scotland
• TechFuture Girls – a club for 9-14 year old girls which inspires them about technology.
• Tech Industry Gold degrees - IT Management for Business (ITMB) and Software Development for Business.
To find out more about the Tech Partnership in Scotland, contact email@example.com.