Teachers connect with industry at the annual IT Industry/Teacher Engagement Conference
Over 100 teachers from across Northern Ireland recently seized the opportunity to connect with leading IT employers and ministers at the Bring IT On - IT Industry/Teacher Engagement Conference.
National ICT Days crown the Tech Partnership’s successful year in Northern Ireland
Two National ICT Days in April were the culmination of the Tech Partnership’s fifth year of work in Northern Ireland to encourage more 15 – 18 year olds to consider further education and careers in tech.
The Tech Partnership - Northern Ireland
Helping to fuel Northern Ireland's Tech Sector
The Tech Partnership's work in Northern Ireland
Who we are
- A growing network of employers, collaborating to create the skills to accelerate the growth of the digital economy.
- Responsible for the Sector Skills Council for the tech sector and digital.
Employer Board for Northern Ireland
The Tech Partnership Employer Board for Northern Ireland comprises:
• Joy Chambers - Workforce Solutions Area Leader, Allstate
• Angela Canavan - Chief Operations Officer, Asidua
• Ed Brown - Chief Executive Officer, Capita Plc
• John Patrick Healy - Senior Vice President, Head of ICG Technology, Citi
• Barry Lowry - Head of IT Assist, Department of Finance and Personel
• David Mawhinney - (Chair) Managing Director, Equiniti ICS Limited
• Brendan Duffy - Chief Technology Officer, First Derivatives
• Mike Crow - Head of Applications & Managed Services, Fujitsu
• Michael Black - Chief Financial Officer, Intel
• Paul Hamill - Director of Operations, Kainos
• William Hamilton - Managing Director, Liberty IT
• Matt Halligan - Vice President of Engineering, Openwave Mobility
In Northern Ireland, we are working with employers and stakeholders to:
• help young people build practical IT skills through apprenticeships
• improve higher education opportunities with support from employers for GCSEs, GCEs and apprenticeships
• provide better support for IT professionals
• encourage organisations to offer more IT training
Also, find out more about our latest research into supply and demand for ICT labour and skills in Northern Ireland, with the ICT Snapshot May 2014.
To find out about the Tech Partnership in Northern Ireland, please contact email@example.com.
5 key points from the Government’s Spending Review
We round up of the measures most likely to be of interest to tech employers from today's review.
Promote your organisation through UCAS
Bring your company brand and activity in front of thousands of pre-university, undergraduate and postgraduate students before they choose what to study
STEM subjects are offering young people a wealth of opportunities
In the latest blog celebrating the launch of the Tech Future Women’s Network, Nivedita Krishanmurthy, Senior Vice President and Head of Markets at Capgemini, speaks about the wealth of opportunities open to people who study STEM subjects.