Meet a Digital Ambassador - Sir Peter Luff
Sir Peter Luff, MP for Mid Worcestershire, feels passionate about encouraging young people into STEM careers. We met with him to talk about his interest in technology and digital skills, and what he hopes to achieve by collaborating with the employers of the Tech Partnership.
Students boost their employment skills at the ITMB Student/Employer Event
Students, academics and employers gathered from around the UK to take part in the ITMB Student/Employer Event South. It gave students the opportunity to meet future employers and gave employers the chance to talk to the bright new talent about to graduate.
Meet a TechFuture Ambassador - Ankita Jaitly
TechFuture Ambassadors actively highlight to young people the exciting opportunities open to them in the tech sector. We Spoke to Tata Consultancy Services consultant and TechFuture Ambassador, Ankita Jaitly, about how she's helping to inspire techs next generation.
The Tech Partnership - Northern Ireland
Accelerating the growth of the Northern Ireland digital economy
The Tech Partnership is creating the skills for the digital economy. We act for the good of all by inspiring young people about technology, accelerating the flow of talented people from all backgrounds into technology careers, and helping companies develop the technology skills they need for the future.
Who we are
- A growing network of employers, collaborating to create the skills to accelerate the growth of the digital economy.
- Responsible for the Sector Skills Council for the tech sector and digital.
Employer Board for Northern Ireland
The Tech Partnership Employer Board for Northern Ireland comprises:
• Joy Chambers - Workforce Solutions Area Leader, Allstate
• Angela Canavan - Chief Operations Officer, Asidua
• Ed Brown - Chief Executive Officer, Capita Plc
• John Patrick Healy - Senior Vice President, Head of ICG Technology, Citi
• Barry Lowry - Head of IT Assist, Department of Finance and Personel
• David Mawhinney - (Chair) Managing Director, Equiniti ICS Limited
• Brendan Duffy - Chief Technology Officer, First Derivatives
• Mike Crow - Head of Applications & Managed Services, Fujitsu
• Michael Black - Chief Financial Officer, Intel
• Paul Hamill - Director of Operations, Kainos
• William Hamilton - Managing Director, Liberty IT
• Matt Halligan - Vice President of Engineering, Openwave Mobility
In Northern Ireland, we are working with employers and stakeholders to:
• help young people build practical IT skills through apprenticeships
• improve higher education opportunities with support from employers for GCSEs, GCEs and apprenticeships
• provide better support for IT professionals
• encourage organisations to offer more IT training
Also, find out more about our latest research into supply and demand for ICT labour and skills in Northern Ireland, with the ICT Snapshot May 2014.
To get involved or if you have any questions regarding our programmes in Northern Ireland, please contact email@example.com.