National ICT Days crown the Tech Partnership’s successful year in Northern Ireland
Two National ICT Days in April were the culmination of the Tech Partnership’s fifth year of work in Northern Ireland to encourage more 15 – 18 year olds to consider further education and careers in tech.
The Tech Partnership - Northern Ireland
Accelerating the growth of the Northern Ireland digital economy
The Tech Partnership is creating the skills for the digital economy. We act for the good of all by inspiring young people about technology, accelerating the flow of talented people from all backgrounds into technology careers, and helping companies develop the technology skills they need for the future.
Who we are
- A growing network of employers, collaborating to create the skills to accelerate the growth of the digital economy.
- Responsible for the Sector Skills Council for the tech sector and digital.
Employer Board for Northern Ireland
The Tech Partnership Employer Board for Northern Ireland comprises:
• Joy Chambers - Workforce Solutions Area Leader, Allstate
• Angela Canavan - Chief Operations Officer, Asidua
• Ed Brown - Chief Executive Officer, Capita Plc
• John Patrick Healy - Senior Vice President, Head of ICG Technology, Citi
• Barry Lowry - Head of IT Assist, Department of Finance and Personel
• David Mawhinney - (Chair) Managing Director, Equiniti ICS Limited
• Brendan Duffy - Chief Technology Officer, First Derivatives
• Mike Crow - Head of Applications & Managed Services, Fujitsu
• Michael Black - Chief Financial Officer, Intel
• Paul Hamill - Director of Operations, Kainos
• William Hamilton - Managing Director, Liberty IT
• Matt Halligan - Vice President of Engineering, Openwave Mobility
In Northern Ireland, we are working with employers and stakeholders to:
• help young people build practical IT skills through apprenticeships
• improve higher education opportunities with support from employers for GCSEs, GCEs and apprenticeships
• provide better support for IT professionals
• encourage organisations to offer more IT training
Also, find out more about our latest research into supply and demand for ICT labour and skills in Northern Ireland, with the ICT Snapshot May 2014.
To get involved or if you have any questions regarding our programmes in Northern Ireland, please contact email@example.com.
Tech and skills on the agenda for a newly opened Parliament
Policy Manager John Cox looks at the opening of Parliament and the discussions on the agenda relating to the tech industry and skills across the UK.
Each week we bring you all the latest and greatest digital industry skills stories from around the web.
Attract new talent and increase diversity with the Prince's Trust
The 'Get into IT' apprenticeship programme has opened up a diverse, enthusiastic talent stream for Accenture. In partnership with the Tech Partnership and Tech UK, The Prince’s Trust is now opening the programme to other businesses.