Teachers connect with industry at the annual IT Industry/Teacher Engagement Conference
Over 100 teachers from across Northern Ireland recently seized the opportunity to connect with leading IT employers and ministers at the Bring IT On - IT Industry/Teacher Engagement Conference.
National ICT Days crown the Tech Partnership’s successful year in Northern Ireland
Two National ICT Days in April were the culmination of the Tech Partnership’s fifth year of work in Northern Ireland to encourage more 15 – 18 year olds to consider further education and careers in tech.
The Tech Partnership - Northern Ireland
Helping to fuel Northern Ireland's Tech Sector
The Tech Partnership's work in Northern Ireland
Who we are
- A growing network of employers, collaborating to create the skills to accelerate the growth of the digital economy.
- Responsible for the Sector Skills Council for the tech sector and digital.
Employer Board for Northern Ireland
The Tech Partnership Employer Board for Northern Ireland comprises:
• Joy Chambers - Workforce Solutions Area Leader, Allstate
• Angela Canavan - Chief Operations Officer, Asidua
• Ed Brown - Chief Executive Officer, Capita Plc
• John Patrick Healy - Senior Vice President, Head of ICG Technology, Citi
• Barry Lowry - Head of IT Assist, Department of Finance and Personel
• David Mawhinney - (Chair) Managing Director, Equiniti ICS Limited
• Brendan Duffy - Chief Technology Officer, First Derivatives
• Mike Crow - Head of Applications & Managed Services, Fujitsu
• Michael Black - Chief Financial Officer, Intel
• Paul Hamill - Director of Operations, Kainos
• William Hamilton - Managing Director, Liberty IT
• Matt Halligan - Vice President of Engineering, Openwave Mobility
In Northern Ireland, we are working with employers and stakeholders to:
• help young people build practical IT skills through apprenticeships
• improve higher education opportunities with support from employers for GCSEs, GCEs and apprenticeships
• provide better support for IT professionals
• encourage organisations to offer more IT training
Also, find out more about our latest research into supply and demand for ICT labour and skills in Northern Ireland, with the ICT Snapshot May 2014.
To find out about the Tech Partnership in Northern Ireland, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Torn between studying business and ICT, but with an ITMB degree I didn't have to be
IT Management for Business (ITMB) student Kainat Tari talks about her passion for entrepreneurialism and tech and how she found a way to embrace both through her degree.
Risks, leaks and hacks: HP and the Tech Partnership introduce cyber security skills to a new generation of girls
Schoolgirls across the UK are fending off ‘cyber baddies’ as part of a new interactive cyber security resource, created with generous sponsorship from HP.
The Tech Partnership's #mytechstory campaign launches
The Tech Partnership has launched #mytechstory, a brand new campaign which encourages people to share their tech stories to inspire young people into tech careers.