Torn between studying business and ICT, but with an ITMB degree I didn't have to be
IT Management for Business (ITMB) student Kainat Tari talks about her passion for entrepreneurialism and tech and how she found a way to embrace both through her degree.
Risks, leaks and hacks: HP and the Tech Partnership introduce cyber security skills to a new generation of girls
Schoolgirls across the UK are fending off ‘cyber baddies’ as part of a new interactive cyber security resource, created with generous sponsorship from HP.
The Tech Partnership's #mytechstory campaign launches
The Tech Partnership has launched #mytechstory, a brand new campaign which encourages people to share their tech stories to inspire young people into tech careers.
The Tech Partnership - England
Accelerating the growth of England’s digital economy
The Tech Partnership is creating the skills for the digital economy. We act for the good of all by inspiring young people about technology, accelerating the flow of talented people from all backgrounds into technology careers, and helping companies develop the technology skills they need for the future.
Who we are
- A growing network of employers, collaborating to create the skills to accelerate the growth of the digital economy.
- Recognised by government as the Industrial Partnership for the Information Economy. Central to government industrial strategy, this is the skills arm of the Digital Economy Council.
- Responsible for the Sector Skills Council for the tech sector and digital.
Supported by the government, in particular through the Employer Ownership of Skills Pilot, our work in England is focussed on four objectives:
• Inspire new talent - We are inspiring young people, particularly girls, about technology education and careers through TechFuture Careers, TechFuture Girls and TechFuture Classroom. And we are supporting teachers through TechFuture Teachers.
• Create new jobs - We are accelerating the flow of talented people from all backgrounds into technology careers, with a particular focus on apprentices and graduates. We are defining apprenticeship standards, promoting apprenticeship uptake, and creating degrees that prepare young people for successful careers in the digital world.
• Raise quality - We set industry standards and accredit education and training that meets them. Tech Industry Gold encourages high quality provision and encourages employers to invest with confidence.