Meet a Digital Ambassador - Sir Peter Luff
Sir Peter Luff, MP for Mid Worcestershire, feels passionate about encouraging young people into STEM careers. We met with him to talk about his interest in technology and digital skills, and what he hopes to achieve by collaborating with the employers of the Tech Partnership.
Students boost their employment skills at the ITMB Student/Employer Event
Students, academics and employers gathered from around the UK to take part in the ITMB Student/Employer Event South. It gave students the opportunity to meet future employers and gave employers the chance to talk to the bright new talent about to graduate.
Meet a TechFuture Ambassador - Ankita Jaitly
TechFuture Ambassadors actively highlight to young people the exciting opportunities open to them in the tech sector. We Spoke to Tata Consultancy Services consultant and TechFuture Ambassador, Ankita Jaitly, about how she's helping to inspire techs next generation.
The Tech Partnership - England
Accelerating the growth of England’s digital economy
The Tech Partnership is creating the skills for the digital economy. We act for the good of all by inspiring young people about technology, accelerating the flow of talented people from all backgrounds into technology careers, and helping companies develop the technology skills they need for the future.
Who we are
- A growing network of employers, collaborating to create the skills to accelerate the growth of the digital economy.
- Recognised by government as the Industrial Partnership for the Information Economy. Central to government industrial strategy, this is the skills arm of the Digital Economy Council.
- Responsible for the Sector Skills Council for the tech sector and digital.
Supported by the government, in particular through the Employer Ownership of Skills Pilot, our work in England is focussed on four objectives:
• Inspire new talent - We are inspiring young people, particularly girls, about technology education and careers through TechFuture Careers, TechFuture Girls and TechFuture Classroom. And we are supporting teachers through TechFuture Teachers.
• Create new jobs - We are accelerating the flow of talented people from all backgrounds into technology careers, with a particular focus on apprentices and graduates. We are defining apprenticeship standards, promoting apprenticeship uptake, and creating degrees that prepare young people for successful careers in the digital world.
• Develop new skills - We are helping employers to develop strategic digital skills for growth. The Tech Partnership Training Fund is encouraging increased investment from employers, and we helping training providers, colleges and universities offer new programmes in specialisms such as cyber security and big data.
• Raise quality - We set industry standards and accredit education and training that meets them. Tech Industry Gold encourages high quality provision and encourages employers to invest with confidence.