Meet Emma Bird, software engineering apprentice, BT
Emma shares her experience of joining BT Technology, Services & Operations as a software engineering apprentice, and talks about the opportunities her apprenticeship has provided.
'Rough diamonds' bring added business value
HR Magazine interviews Jon Hulme, co-founder of The Craft Gin Club and ex-managing director of B2B publisher Contentive, who claims all businesses could benefit from taking on tech apprentices.
Five biggest skills gaps among tech professionals
With over half of all businesses reporting a skills gaps among their tech professional staff, what are the top skills where these gaps were identified?
The Tech Partnership - England
Accelerating the growth of England’s digital economy
The Tech Partnership is creating the skills for the digital economy. We act for the good of all by inspiring young people about technology, accelerating the flow of talented people from all backgrounds into technology careers, and helping companies develop the technology skills they need for the future.
Who we are
- A growing network of employers, collaborating to create the skills to accelerate the growth of the digital economy.
- Recognised by government as the Industrial Partnership for the Information Economy. Central to government industrial strategy, this is the skills arm of the Digital Economy Council.
- Responsible for the Sector Skills Council for the tech sector and digital.
Supported by the government, in particular through the Employer Ownership of Skills Pilot, our work in England is focussed on four objectives:
• Inspire new talent - We are inspiring young people, particularly girls, about technology education and careers through TechFuture Careers, TechFuture Girls and TechFuture Classroom. And we are supporting teachers through TechFuture Teachers.
• Create new jobs - We are accelerating the flow of talented people from all backgrounds into technology careers, with a particular focus on apprentices and graduates. We are defining apprenticeship standards, promoting apprenticeship uptake, and creating degrees that prepare young people for successful careers in the digital world.
• Raise quality - We set industry standards and accredit education and training that meets them. Tech Industry Gold encourages high quality provision and encourages employers to invest with confidence.