DfE public appointments: seeking tech sector professionals
The Department for Education (DfE) has asked the Tech Partnership to help with the recruitment of tech sector professionals who would like to help transform the post 16 technical education system in England to deliver the skills that employers need.
My Tech Future competition for primary & secondary school students launched
As part of the My Tech Future campaign, the Tech Partnership is giving primary and secondary school-aged students a chance to win one of 2 Samsung Galaxy Tablets in a brand new competition to get them thinking about tech.
“Awesome kids and a brilliant morning!” for TechFuture Ambassador’s first outing
Susan Bowen, Vice President and General Manager, EMEA at Cogeco Peer1, talks about her first experience as a TechFuture Ambassador and urges others to give it a go.
Tech Industry Gold for training providers
Deliver courses employers want and trust
Tech Industry Gold is a quality mark that is designed to help employers choose apprenticeship training providers who have a proven track record in delivering excellent digital apprenticeships, with a focus on meeting employer needs and accelerating apprentice productivity.
Training providers are accredited by the Tech Partnership – which ensures that they are trusted to deliver the digital skills that businesses are looking for.
A growing range of leading employers - including Accenture, BT, Capgemini, CGI, DWP, Ford, Fujitsu, HMRC, IBM, John Lewis, Lloyds Bank, Quicksilva and Thales - are committed to using Tech Industry Gold accredited providers, because of their assurance of quality and employer-focused delivery.
What are the benefits for training providers?
- Increased customer confidence: Highlight to employers that your apprenticeships offer the high quality, employer-designed course standards that the industry is looking for.
- Learn and share knowledge: Learn from best practice in employer engagement; gain access to online resources from industry and benefit from the tech sector’s work to increase the uptake of apprenticeships across the UK.
- Increase awareness of your programmes: You’ll be licensed to use the Tech Industry Gold brand, highlighting the quality of your programmes. In addition, we’ll promote Industry Gold apprenticeships to tech sector employers and to students and teachers through our careers advice, teaching resources and schools outreach activity.
What does it take to become accredited?
You can apply to be a Tech Industry Gold provider if your organisation can demonstrate:
- Strong knowledge of the digital sector and the skills that new entrants needs to flourish within it
- Excellent levels of service and responsiveness to the needs of different employers
- High apprenticeship completion rates and a high Ofsted grade for apprenticeship delivery
Want to find out more?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org