East of England Salon: Digital Apprentices
Join Digital Leaders in Cambridge during Apprenticeship Week to discuss the ‘ladder of opportunity’ that digital and tech degree apprenticeships bring employers and to the next generation of appropriately skilled young people into the East of England economy.
“Learning every day, and set up for a great job with a fantastic company” – life as a cyber apprentice at BT
Shyaan and Stephen are 5 months into their apprenticeships at BT, specialising in cyber security. The Tech Partnership caught up with them to find out about starting out in security, and how they came to choose an apprenticeship.
Employers, your chance to transform the cyber security skills pipeline
Employers from right across the economy are collaborating to create an innovative proposal to improve the pipeline of students into cyber security careers. Discover how to get involved.
Tech Industry Gold for training providers
Deliver courses employers want and trust
Tech Industry Gold is a quality mark that is designed to help employers choose apprenticeship training providers who have a proven track record in delivering excellent digital apprenticeships, with a focus on meeting employer needs and accelerating apprentice productivity.
Training providers are accredited by the Tech Partnership – which ensures that they are trusted to deliver the digital skills that businesses are looking for.
A growing range of leading employers - including Accenture, BT, Capgemini, CGI, DWP, Ford, Fujitsu, HMRC, IBM, John Lewis, Lloyds Bank, Quicksilva and Thales - are committed to using Tech Industry Gold accredited providers, because of their assurance of quality and employer-focused delivery.
What are the benefits for training providers?
- Increased customer confidence: Highlight to employers that your apprenticeships offer the high quality, employer-designed course standards that the industry is looking for.
- Learn and share knowledge: Learn from best practice in employer engagement; gain access to online resources from industry and benefit from the tech sector’s work to increase the uptake of apprenticeships across the UK.
- Increase awareness of your programmes: You’ll be licensed to use the Tech Industry Gold brand, highlighting the quality of your programmes. In addition, we’ll promote Industry Gold apprenticeships to tech sector employers and to students and teachers through our careers advice, teaching resources and schools outreach activity.
What does it take to become accredited?
You can apply to be a Tech Industry Gold provider if your organisation is registered on the SFA Register of Apprentice Training Providers (RoATP) and you can demonstrate:
- Strong knowledge of the digital sector and the skills that new entrants needs to flourish within it
- Excellent levels of service and responsiveness to the needs of different employers
- High apprenticeship completion rates and a high Ofsted grade for apprenticeship delivery
Want to find out more?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org