Leeds City Region teachers CPD - last chance to book
"It looks amazing and just the type of thing to inspire kids and complement KS3." Free CPD sessions under way in Leeds City Region. Book now to secure places on remaining March sessions.
Half of women actively discouraged from tech careers, QA study finds
50% of women in tech were actively discouraged from entering a technology career by people close to them, a new survey and video from QA reveals.
“If I’ve helped one student think differently about their future, that's fantastic”
Recent ITMB graduate Carrie-Anne Cremin fills us in on her experiences as a TechFuture Ambassador, and sums up her motivation to take part in the scheme.
- To ensure the UK's digital economy has the skills for growth
The Tech Partnership will:
- Inspire young people, particularly females, to pursue technology-related education and careers
- Create courses and qualifications which are valued by both IT employers and academics
- Support educators with industry-designed teaching resources and professional development
- Sector-led teaching resources and curriculum are widely used and transforming uptake
- Career options are well understood, with the Partnership’s widely recognised as the sector’s careers portal across the UK
- The Partnership is prominently leading employer action on gender, and the balance in entry level job roles is improving
Members of network
Accenture, American Express, Apple, ARM, Atos, Bloomberg, British Airways, BT, Cabinet Office, Cap Gemini, CGI, Cisco, Cognizant, Computer Associates, CSC, Direct Line, Ford, Fujitsu, Ginger Nut Media, Google, GSK, HP, HSCIC, IBM, Intel, KPMG, Lloyds, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, National Crime Agency, Nationwide, Network Rail, New Look, NIU Solutions, PWC, Samsung, SAS, Sky, TCS, Telefonica, Thales, UBS, United Utilities, VMWare, Vodafone, Wellcome Trust
Date of next meeting
Please contact Julie Feest to join this network.