Leeds City Region school students hooked on tech challenges
Thousands of school students in Barnsley, Bradford, Harrogate, York and other Leeds City Region communities are taking to tech, thanks to #techgoals education programme.
What difference can volunteering in schools really make?
If you’re a volunteer, a teacher, a parent, a CSR manager in a company – or just someone who cares about this subject – please let us know your views. Contact us or tweet #TechFutureAmbassadors
How can we maximise the impact of tech interventions in schools?
Head of TechFuture Karine Barsam looks at the latest research on engaging young people in STEM, and how programme variety could be the key success.
- To ensure the UK's digital economy has the skills for growth
The Tech Partnership will:
- Inspire young people, particularly females, to pursue technology-related education and careers
- Create courses and qualifications which are valued by both IT employers and academics
- Support educators with industry-designed teaching resources and professional development
- Sector-led teaching resources and curriculum are widely used and transforming uptake
- Career options are well understood, with the Partnership’s widely recognised as the sector’s careers portal across the UK
- The Partnership is prominently leading employer action on gender, and the balance in entry level job roles is improving
Members of network
Accenture, American Express, Apple, ARM, Atos, Bloomberg, British Airways, BT, Cabinet Office, Cap Gemini, CGI, Cisco, Cognizant, Computer Associates, CSC, Direct Line, Ford, Fujitsu, Ginger Nut Media, Google, GSK, HP, HSCIC, IBM, Intel, KPMG, Lloyds, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, National Crime Agency, Nationwide, Network Rail, New Look, NIU Solutions, PWC, Samsung, SAS, Sky, TCS, Telefonica, Thales, UBS, United Utilities, VMWare, Vodafone, Wellcome Trust
Date of next meeting
Please contact Julie Feest to join this network.