Being a degree apprentice: Radhika’s story
Go Think Big and Tech Partnership catch up with digital degree apprentice Radhika to talk about the opportunity of earning an honours degree while working at Capgemini.
Have your say: MSc Degree Apprenticeship in Digital and Technology Solutions
The Tech Partnership has published the draft standard for the MSc Digital & Technology Solutions Specialist degree apprenticeship, and is asking for input from employers and other interested parties. Deadline is 21 April.
Thousands of young people are now benefiting from new digital apprenticeships
On the day the levy is introduced, The Tech Partnership's Mark Heholt takes a look at the progress that's been made on apprenticeships, and shares his optimism for the future.
- Align quality and relevance of higher education to benefit UK’s long term growth strategy
- Improve graduate employment into entry level technology roles
- Increase number of young people studying industry designed qualifications to develop skills and experience prioritised by employers
- Increase entrants into the technology sector through design and delivery of new qualifications
- Improve opportunities, participation and retention within higher education
- Over 50 UK Higher Education Institutions accredited to deliver a Tech Industry Gold degree programme by end 2016
- Develop an engaged, interactive community of students, lecturers and employers to coordinate academic learning with industry practice
- Improve skills development and graduate employability through employer-led skills resources, events and projects
Accenture, American Express, Cabinet Office, Capgemini, CompTIA, Dell, Deloitte, Deloitte Digital, EY, Fluency, ForgeRock, Fujitsu, Go ON UK, Hindsight Software Ltd, HP, HSBC, IBM, Ideal Networks, Intigma Ltd, John Lewis, Juniper Networks, Konetic, ManpowerGroup Solutions, Optimity Ltd, Pearson UK, Practice Labs, Ravensbourne, Sainsbury's, SAS, Shell, STRATOS IT, Tata Consultancy Services, The Learning Machine, Three, Total People
Date of next meeting
Please contact Bob Clift to join this network.