Three new universities to offer Tech Partnership’s Digital Degree Apprenticeship
Birkbeck, Leeds Beckett and Teesside, have joined the select group of universities working directly with businesses to deliver the BSc (Honours) Digital & Technology Solutions degree apprenticeship programme.
Jamie's degree apprenticeship – "An amazing opportunity"
In this short film, Jamie explains why, as a degree apprentice, he feels he gets the best of both worlds - working at IBM as a Client Support Manager and studying at QMU London for a BSc degree in Digital & Technology Solutions.
"Now I’m innovating everyday" – digital degree apprentice
Graduating yesterday at Aston University, James Gee is one of the UK’s first apprentices to achieve the Digital & Technology Solutions BSc – a trailblazer degree apprenticeship developed by employers in the Tech Partnership network.
- Align quality and relevance of higher education to benefit UK’s long term growth strategy
- Improve graduate employment into entry level technology roles
- Increase number of young people studying industry designed qualifications to develop skills and experience prioritised by employers
- Increase entrants into the technology sector through design and delivery of new qualifications
- Improve opportunities, participation and retention within higher education
- Over 50 UK Higher Education Institutions accredited to deliver a Tech Industry Gold degree programme by end 2016
- Develop an engaged, interactive community of students, lecturers and employers to coordinate academic learning with industry practice
- Improve skills development and graduate employability through employer-led skills resources, events and projects
Accenture, American Express, Cabinet Office, Capgemini, CompTIA, Dell, Deloitte, Deloitte Digital, EY, Fluency, ForgeRock, Fujitsu, Go ON UK, Hindsight Software Ltd, HP, HSBC, IBM, Ideal Networks, Intigma Ltd, John Lewis, Juniper Networks, Konetic, ManpowerGroup Solutions, Optimity Ltd, Pearson UK, Practice Labs, Ravensbourne, Sainsbury's, SAS, Shell, STRATOS IT, Tata Consultancy Services, The Learning Machine, Three, Total People
Date of next meeting
Please contact Bob Clift to join this network.