Capgemini apprentices first to be awarded their Aston University degree
This month, 11 Capgemini degree apprentices will be awarded a BSc in Digital and Technology Solutions by Aston University. These young people are the first ever cohort of digital degree apprentices to graduate.
Common digital skills language to boost employability of IT grads
The Tech Partnership is now seeking input and guidance from industry and HE/FE educators on terminology used by universities and employers to recruit students into courses and jobs. Have your say now.
First digital degree apprentices to graduate this month
This month, 11 young Capgemini employees will be awarded with a BSc in Digital and Technology Solutions by Aston University. This new degree apprenticeship was designed by employers and launched as the first of its kind in any sector.
- Align quality and relevance of higher education to benefit UK’s long term growth strategy
- Improve graduate employment into entry level technology roles
- Increase number of young people studying industry designed qualifications to develop skills and experience prioritised by employers
- Increase entrants into the technology sector through design and delivery of new qualifications
- Improve opportunities, participation and retention within higher education
- Over 50 UK Higher Education Institutions accredited to deliver a Tech Industry Gold degree programme by end 2016
- Develop an engaged, interactive community of students, lecturers and employers to coordinate academic learning with industry practice
- Improve skills development and graduate employability through employer-led skills resources, events and projects
Accenture, American Express, Cabinet Office, Capgemini, CompTIA, Dell, Deloitte, Deloitte Digital, EY, Fluency, ForgeRock, Fujitsu, Go ON UK, Hindsight Software Ltd, HP, HSBC, IBM, Ideal Networks, Intigma Ltd, John Lewis, Juniper Networks, Konetic, ManpowerGroup Solutions, Optimity Ltd, Pearson UK, Practice Labs, Ravensbourne, Sainsbury's, SAS, Shell, STRATOS IT, Tata Consultancy Services, The Learning Machine, Three, Total People
Date of next meeting
Please contact Bob Clift to join this network.