Parents - still need convincing about digital apprenticeships?
Apprenticeships have changed enormously over the last decade, yet many parents continue to believe that apprenticeships don’t offer the same opportunities as university. Anthony Impey of Optimity sets the record straight.
Being a degree apprentice: Radhika’s story
Go Think Big and Tech Partnership catch up with digital degree apprentice Radhika to talk about the opportunity of earning an honours degree while working at Capgemini.
Have your say: MSc Degree Apprenticeship in Digital and Technology Solutions
The Tech Partnership has published the draft standard for the MSc Digital & Technology Solutions Specialist degree apprenticeship, and is asking for input from employers and other interested parties. Deadline is 21 April.
- Establish the Digital & Technology Solutions degree apprenticeship programme to enable 2015 starters
- Share best practice between employers and universities
- Develop the degree apprenticeship programme for 2015, supporting the initial employers and universities
- Execute a marketing programme to ensure degree apprenticeships are understood and utilised by companies of all sizes across the sector
- Ensure good geographic coverage of universities to meet the needs of employers
- Develop a strong pipeline of applicants for 2016 places
- 150 degree apprentices start in September/October 2015
- Set a plan in place to grow the community of employers and universities
8th Light, Accenture, Atos, Bright Future, BT, Cabinet Office, Camden Council, Capgemini, CGI, Coffee Trekkers, Dell, Detectamet, Dimension Data, Direct Line, DWP, Earthware, Ford, Fujitsu, GSK, HMRC, HP, IBM, Intel, John Lewis, livin, Lloyds Banking Group, Mayden, Network Rail, Optimity, PwC, SAS, Steria, TCS, Telefonica, Thales, The Coal Authority, thecitysecret, Torchbox, VMware, World Class Arena
Please contact Bob Clift to join this network.