My digital apprenticeship – "I’ve loved every minute"
In this short film, we asked digital apprentices to share the best thing about their apprenticeship so far. They all work in different jobs for different big-name companies, but they've all loved the experience and how transformative it has been.
New Digital Apprenticeship Quality Board - apply to become a Board Member
If you are passionate about the quality and value of digital apprenticeships, take this opportunity to become a member of the new Digital Apprenticeship Quality Board. Deadline is 21 July.
My digital apprenticeship: launching a career
In this short film, we catch up with apprentices and ex-apprentices from Accenture, BT and Capgemini to find out exactly how a digital apprenticeship has helped launch their career.
- Encourage more employers to recruit more apprentices
- Increase the quality of apprenticeships by employers sharing best practice and learning from each other
- Employers with experience of apprenticeships will share best practice to help them continuously improve
- Employers new to apprenticeships will be able to learn from peers
- Employers who don’t yet take apprentices will be able to talk to those who do
- Identified key barriers to employers recruiting apprentices: the strongest to emerge was that employers think taking young people is risky and expensive
- Identified key ways of overcoming the barriers: the most important was employers sharing their experience of apprenticeships, which clearly show that the benefits far outweigh the costs
- We have started work on a strategy to disseminate the key messages to the key audiences
Accenture, American Express, Atos, BT, the Cabinet Office, Capgemini CGI, Cisco, Fujitsu, HP, IBM, Intel, John Lewis, KPMG, Lloyds, Microsoft, Nationwide, NAS, QinetiQ, Royal Signals, Steria TCS, Ticketmaster, Virgin Media, VMware
Date of next meeting
Please contact Mark Heholt to join this network.