“Learning every day, and set up for a great job with a fantastic company” – life as a cyber apprentice at BT
Shyaan and Stephen are 5 months into their apprenticeships at BT, specialising in cyber security. The Tech Partnership caught up with them to find out about starting out in security, and how they came to choose an apprenticeship.
Digital Apprentices Webinar: A guide to finding, hiring and funding
As a Digital Leader, are you interested in hiring an apprentice but don’t quite know where to start? Join Tech Partnership's Head of Strategic Partnerships Julie Feest for a webinar on 7th March, and find out more.
Have your say: Institute for Apprenticeships Draft Operational Plan
The Department for Education is seeking views on the Institute for Apprenticeships: Draft Operational Plan. The Institute will launch in April 2017 as a new independent body to drive the quality of apprenticeship standards in England.
- Encourage more employers to recruit more apprentices
- Increase the quality of apprenticeships by employers sharing best practice and learning from each other
- Employers with experience of apprenticeships will share best practice to help them continuously improve
- Employers new to apprenticeships will be able to learn from peers
- Employers who don’t yet take apprentices will be able to talk to those who do
- Identified key barriers to employers recruiting apprentices: the strongest to emerge was that employers think taking young people is risky and expensive
- Identified key ways of overcoming the barriers: the most important was employers sharing their experience of apprenticeships, which clearly show that the benefits far outweigh the costs
- We have started work on a strategy to disseminate the key messages to the key audiences
Accenture, American Express, Atos, BT, the Cabinet Office, Capgemini CGI, Cisco, Fujitsu, HP, IBM, Intel, John Lewis, KPMG, Lloyds, Microsoft, Nationwide, NAS, QinetiQ, Royal Signals, Steria TCS, Ticketmaster, Virgin Media, VMware
Date of next meeting
Please contact Mark Heholt to join this network.